By: Barry Cooper
As a former decorated drug cop and current drug defense expert witness, I know the odor of marijuana is the top probable cause indicator police use to search and arrest pot smokers. Probable cause was invented to protect citizens from government intrusions but now the police are using probable cause to proliferate millions of needless and cruel intrusions per year. Removing the government’s ability to gain probable cause is a power all non violent smokers deserve.
Unfortunately, as a drug cop, I arrested hundreds of people after gaining probable cause from detecting smoking odors. I also became suspicious and made scores of arrests after smelling “masking agents” such as Febreze and other air fresheners that are commonly used in an attempt to cover smoking tracks. So, as a form of penance, I wrote this article to keep non violent pot smokers out of American prison camps.
As of July 2014, twenty three states and Washington D.C. have legalized the use of medicinal marijuana and two states have legalized marijuana for recreational use. Yet, as it stands, the majority of cannabis users need to conceal the smell of marijuana. Plenty of people live in places – dormitories, apartment complexes – where even a small amount of marijuana smoke isn’t acceptable. Luckily, with the correct information and either a home made or store bought device, it’s not hard to completely eliminate the “invisible probably cause cloud” that could get you busted.
NeverGetBusted set out to discover which sploofs and sprays reduce the smell of marijuana best. A Sploof is a homemade filter used to blow marijuana smoke through. The device is constructed to neutralize the smell of marijuana, before it disperses into the environment around you. In their exclusive marijuana research study, the team tested the diffusion of marijuana smoke using five homemade sploofs, and a Fluke 985 Particle Counter. For the experiment, they tested particle levels in four different areas of the home: the bedroom, the bathroom, inside the front door and just outside the front door. They used the particle counter at each location to determine the smoke concentration.
1. Through our research, we discovered using a vaporizer is the most powerful way to eliminate the smells of marijuana. You can vaporize virtually anywhere in your home without worrying about the smell escaping.
2. Activated charcoal is the most effective ingredient in a sploof, removing at least twice the number of particles from the air than sploofs without activated charcoal, such as those using dryer sheets alone. The activated charcoal actually absorbs particles out of the air. It is sold commercially as a filter to remove toxins from fish tanks and has many other uses.
3. Joints, pipes and bongs all produced around the same amount of smoke. Smoking from a bowl was the least likely to produce a lot of smoke while the joint was the most likely.
How to make a home made sploof
Stuff you need:
Empty paper towel roll
– Stuff 10 to 15 dryer sheets into the paper towel roll.
– slip the loaded paper towel roll into the sock and tuck any remaining sock into the end of the paper towel roll.
-Start blazing. Take a hit and exhale into the tube. The dryer sheets will eliminate all the smoke and almost the odor.