How To Spot Undercover Police

cop cars will sting you if your not careful.

By Barry Cooper

Please use these tips to help you avoid being busted by an undercover agent. I worked as an undercover cop in dozens of drug stings. I bought drugs. I sold drugs. I traded guns for drugs. I did all of this under the direction and watchful eye of the American government. In the name of the United States of America. Now in hind site, I feel bad for using undercover skills to cage non-violent citizens.  Please forgive me and I hope to save more people from the same fate.

Even today I have am often criticized by police. They hate that I revealed how to spot undercover cops in NeverGetBusted. Then again when I released Volume 2: NeverGetRaided. In the film, I explain undercover police cause more harm to citizens than drugs do. It is pretty clear to see if you look at any of the data. I have been on the inside and seen just how bad it is first hand.

Is the war on drugs dangerous?

The truth is only for the citizens. Cops and the media often portray the lie that officers risk and lose their lives every day in the War On Drugs. Anyone can check into the FBI’s Uniformed Crime Reports. Easy to see between  1996 and 2006, only 28 officers lost their lives while doing drug operations. Only 2.8 cops died in those years. Compare this to the millions of citizens who lost their lives or freedom during the same time period. Why is the life of  a cop considered more valuable than the life of a citizen? It’s supposed to be the other way around. Police are supposed to lay down their lives to protect citizens.

NoteTo: Any officer worried about me teaching citizens how to spot them. Stop working as an undercover because you are causing more harm than the offender. I know what it is like. I have been there.

Do people undercover have to tell you they are working undercover?

When asked, undercover police do not have to tell you they are working undercover. I’m not sure how this rumor started but it is not true and actually helps law enforcement. Many times as an undercover, suspects would ask if I were a cop and would explain I must tell them if I were. I would respond, “No. I’m not a cop and you are correct. I would have to tell you if I were.” This answer made the suspect comfortable enough to sell me drugs.

Are police allowed to use drugs?

it is not hard to fake smokeing weed.The short answer is no. The big BUT is they can and will fake it. Police learn how to mimic a joint hit. It is easy to do by allowing the smoke to pass from their mouth and through their noses. This way the smoke never enters the lungs. But do not threaten them as use of drugs is easily forgiven if life is at risk. This is also true in the UK. They also are not allowed to use Sex while undercover.

How can you test the police for being undercover?

The best way to reveal an undercover cop is to insist they take a large bong hit in your presence. I find it is impossible to fake a bong hit. So I always insist on this form of ingestion when dealing with a suspicious person. Informants are ordered to never use drugs. They commonly violate the agreement during operations. Police are NEVER allowed to partake in drug use.

When I was on the force I was often drug tested immediately after an operation. This was to prove “without a doubt” I didn’t take drugs well undercover. The test results would be added to the prosecutor’s file in case the defendant claimed I was a user. There are a few rogue agents who will use drugs. So I am suspicious of any person who is unwilling to hit a bong. It should be said though you can pretty much always pass a drug test.

What should you do when your friend gets busted?

Never conduct drug deals with your recently busted friend. Especially make sure to stay away from any persons he/she introduces you to.  It’s likely your friend is working off their case by cooperating with the police to bust you.

What if he is my best friend or drug dealer?

These guys are pro’s. They know how to turn people, even your best friends. Don’t risk your own safety till the danger is over. We are not advocating abandonment of your friends. Just keep the drugs away.

What steps can I take to avoid being setup?

If a person is unwilling to constantly change deal locations before the deal, he is probably a cop. Police do not like re establishing surveillance during large deals. This means they will usually refuse to change locations.  If they won’t move, you move fast and get the hell out of there. Your freedom is never worth the risk.

Recently Arrested Or Being Prosecuted For A Drug Crime?  Hire Your Own Narc!

will cops do drugs?

"You may have seen him on the pages of Maxim, or during one of his many appearances on CNN, Fox News and Spike TV. He’s the cop who turned against the drug war. In American pop culture right now, there’s nobody quite like him. As one of the former top drug cops working the Texas highways, he was ferocious, bringing down hundreds of people for possessing even tiny amounts of an illegal substance. In his new life as a humanitarian crusader and activist filmmaker, he’s just as ferocious. Cooper is on a mission to free America’s pot prisoners. In the terminology of war, Barry is an insurgent, lobbing bombs into the fourth estate as his form of penance for all the people he put behind bars on drug offenses.”—True/Slant

Barry recently starred with Woody Harrelson, 50 Cent, Eminem and Susan Sarandon in the anti drug war documentary, “How To Make Money Selling Drugs.” His internet fame via his website NeverGetBusted.com has received global attention by being reported in Rolling Stones, High Times, a feature in Maxim Magazine and a front cover feature in Cannabis Culture and the Texas Observer. His story was picked as a feature on NPR’s, This American Life. He has been a guest on scores of cable news channels discussing the Drug War. He has also appeared as a drug and legal expert in five episodes of SPIKE TV’s reality show, MANSWERS.

19 Comments
  1. Dani LaCombe 3 years ago

if you are charged with theft property 50 what are the chances that you will be drug tested on a non drug charge

• David 2 years ago

Very high chances of being tested, regardless of offense.

Stop stealing.

2. Marck 3 years ago

respect
    they all look like narcs

I hope narcs themselves realize just like you that what they do is not always in the public’s best interest
    and therefore dress ridiculously to not arrest innocent people

innocent is partying just for fun with mostly harmless drugs

innocent is a person not having multiple hard drugs on them

I only see a few people who use drugs really need help, those who use multiple hard substances, as that is often addiction

but many people use coke,xtc,amphs,weed etc. recreatively a handful years and then stop (from 18-25 or so)
    then they get a wide/girlfriend stop using, and their education

we should use common sense, narcs should too

I hope they are as aware of hurting the public like you are

peace and respect

what we really need is a ‘lesson/warning’ , not a misdenamur (cant spell it – not us citizen)
    just like when you ride on your bicycle and forget the light, teaching the person that they must buy light for the fine’s price and they get that as a lesson is good police work
    fining them might be worse, because then they dont have money for light on the bicycle
    even though they did something worse

that’s where I got respect for the police, because I had a nice encounter with them once…
    be nice to people , even as a narc
    but being nice is not taking a job as a narc, I believe it is against our purpose here

we need to change the laws
    people call ambulances every weekend due to xtc overdoses
    but the problem is not the drug, the drug is as safe as coffeine in most used doses

the problem is prohibition, people overdose on unknown drugs sold as xtc.

in the 80s people danced safely, today they have to fear and call ambulances/die due to prohibition

end the madness, don’t be a narc, inform the rest of police friends etc.
    take interest in politics

the madness is that we assume alcohol is safe and Okay
    but weed is bad, weed makes you insane
    xtc is very very bad, yet scientifically safe

there should be no class A drugs like they are, they are not scientific
    alcohol and cigarettes are most harmful

a judge should decide what is harmful and what is not
    i.e. addicted people who are addicted to their drugs should receive communicty service
    they shouldn’t lose jobs

we are harming the public each day
    people die almost each day in eh drug war, for a plant people can grow in the garden

• MPerry 2 years ago

The officers (especially the rogue ones and those who want to move up for political reasons in the PD, sadly, do not care about the “public’s best interest. The problem is that we the people are on the side where the deck is stacked against us , for now. The wise thing to do is to KNOW YOUR RIGHTS. If you are under arrest, shut up and ask for an attorney. Stop talking. If any of you are the type who foresee themselves being arrested, pre-plan your arrest. Have the bail money ready to get you out, select a person you can trust to get your money to get you out. Say nothing tot he cops. NEVER smart back to the cops no matter how tempting it is because they WANT you to smart back and have the right to beat you up or even shoot and kill you. They can get away with this and they often tend to win or receive lower sentences. YES they are suppose to protect the public, but your government has given them the power to bring harm to us and to keep us under control. Your only right is to shut up and ask for an attorney not to trigger the anger of the officer because they enjoy the power over you. Just take it and get out alive and not broke and not get dead getting through this. Get the bail money saved up so that you are bot victismised in prison. Just get to that attorney as fast as you can. That’s it. All of this other discussion have good points and some times no point. Just shut up, know your rights, don’t smart back to the cops about your rights, your attorney is there to do this FOR YOU. The more quiet and respectable you are, the better you will be getting out of this. Don’t test the cops with spelling out your rights, but use your rights. Be smart. Don’t let them in your home. Go out side and speak to them. Watch what you say. You know nothing, don’t sound smart ass and you will get though this alive, without a felony or jacked up charges and in one sane mind.

3. tyler 2 years ago

I say we legalize everything and let the idiots kill themselves instead of spending all the money to fight which would also cut nearly all crime in the us aswell as end the cartel because whats the point right now its about 650 for an ounce of meth make it legal then theres no money and anyone stupid enough to do thag shit will eventually kill themselves.

• MPerry 2 years ago

Well, it already appear that they ARE legalising pot. Just hold on to your hats and wait because they WILL legalise everything else in due time. They ALREADY want us to be addicted to sugar , if you haven’t noticed already that they have made, vitamins out of gummy bears now. See, the picture? If we are all unassumingly addicted to sugar in EVERYTHING we eat, THEN we will be apt to do all sorts of drugs once they legalise them. Remember. The government makes TONS of money from drugs, drugs of every type. Next, they will sneak hash into our food, so be cool because they are already mixing illegal drugs into our every day foods to where you barely notice. People id not become suddenly fat over night. It took over 100 years to fatten up Americans like pigs to keep us dumb , slow and receptive to what ever they want to feed us. That’s the thing. There isn’t any “war” on anything , except to arrest as many people as they can for free labour in the prison system. This is the new “legalised” form of slavery. Why do you think that they have such a pious manner about “cigarettes and all of this other stuff. They want us to use drugs when THEY want us to use them. They made a big deal on the cigarettes war and these young folks have no clue that in the first place, the government was pushing nicotine in the first place back in the 20s. But the younger folks do not understand this, they simply think that people are just going to die smelling smoke, but as for everything else, it is free drugs for everyone . Look at your ads. ALl of it is about taking “their” drugs to make you sick or worse off so that you have no idea that your rights are gone or how to stand up for them. If you take prescription drugs, they will kill you faster than pot or the other natural drugs that are grown. Think about that. Drugs are here to stay. They just want to be in charge of whom and when the big producers get to make the money and they already are.One other thing, sugar is the biggest pimp of the worse addiction of them all. What is it that folks do after they smoke pot? They want sugar. Look at what sugar is doing to all of us and then ask yourself WHY they are pushing us to ingest sugar in everything that we eat or drink. Sugar is the worse. It is a slow killer of our bodies. The worse.

4. Matt 2 years ago

I am pretty sure that nobody sells drugs anymore in the area where I live… except narcotics officers and CI’s. They appear to be selling to people and getting them hooked and keeping them supplied. Then they bust them. THOUGHTS?

• MPerry 2 years ago

Thoughts…trust no one. Get yourself a license to grow pot and you will be legalised to do your own thing. We can already carry guns on our person, so why not?

5. Clio 2 years ago

I recently saw a movie with trans prostitutes and one of them asked to see the patron’s member before hand to ensure he wasn’t a cop. In sex operation stings, can an officer engage whilst undercover? And how can one check to see if they are an officer? If the officer approached them and solicited then for sex, is that not entrapment because there is no physical evidence that was their intention?

6. amanda 1 year ago

How likely is this stranger who was staying near us likely to b a cop.he sent a text messege.my stating he is a undercov er narcotics agent that was working on a case within 5-6
    Day min from her.

7. ViceknightTA 1 year ago

Lol simple solution = stay in school, and dont do drugs

8. Chrissy 1 year ago

Can you get arrested for sending nudes for money?

• Chrissy 1 year ago

And you didnt put a price the guy offered it

9. Jaclyn 1 year ago

Can you teach how to not get busted for prostitution?

10. YASUKO SCHWARZ 9 months ago

Fantastic post . I loved the specifics – Does someone know if my company could possibly get a fillable NJ DoT MFA-1 version to fill in ?

• regina erzbeth 9 months ago

Hi Yasuko, my assistant got a blank NJ DoT MFA-1 form at this place https://goo.gl/QGNGZJ.

11. Chauncey 3 months ago

This page really has all of the information and facts I wanted about this subject and
    didn’t know who to ask.

12. will nist 2 months ago

This author is lying. Police in many jurisdictions are allowed to do drugs and even have sex with prostitutes to catch them. Read the law (statutes and ordinances, etc.) and not the bait presented here. Including the case law. As well look into the statistics of how many police were actually arrested or held responsible for these acts even though they were illegal under their jurisdiction or by their bosses. The numbers if not close to zero are actually zero. And the your email won’t be public stated here is shit. This like facebook etc. is again bait to conduct surv. on you and yours. Listen and pay attention to nothing said here. Including what I said. Beware, most police are dirty and care little if at all about justice. [email protected] Believe it. Nothing here is private. I only post here because I don’t deal or do drugs but love many who do and I wan’t them and all you guys safe. Again, this site like many others is just bait to track you!